Advanced Search Options
The search facility of the Storactive Knowledge Base can help you locate
specific articles about information you need. The following information
describes each of the search fields and will help you use the search facility
We recommend that you enter general criteria to start, and then narrow down
the results by selecting additional search criteria. Your search criteria is
saved until you select Clear.
Search the Knowledge Base for: Type the exact text for which you
want to search.
- Only articles containing the exact text you typed will be retrieved.
So if you search on "installation", and you do not find the article you
want, you may try "install", "installing", or "uninstall".
- If you type more that one word, articles that contain either of the
words will be retrieved. (OR)
- To search for more than one word, type the word "and" between each
word you want to find. (AND)
- To search for a specific phrase, enclose it in quotes, for example "discardable
- Title: Select this check box to search Article Titles for the
text you entered.
- Article keywords: Select this check box to search custom article
keywords for the text you entered.
- full article text: Select this check box to search the body of
the article for the search text you entered.
Article ID: Type the ID of the article you want to find. The ID is
listed on the bottom of each article page. When you enter the Article ID, all
other search criteria are ignored.
Product: Select the check box beside the Storactive products about
which you want information. Select the check boxes beside the versions of each
product you want to search.
Component: Select the application component(s) about which you want
Modified: Select the timeframe within which the article was last
Category: Select the type of issue about which you want information.
Search now: Begins the search. Articles matching all of your search
criteria appear in the right side of the window. These results are sorted by
relevancy. If more than 20 articles are found, you can use the Next button at
the top or bottom of the results page to browse through the next group of
Start over: Resets all search criteria back
to the default selections.